3 days ago
Here are 10 THINGS you can do HELP heal your metabolism
1. Eat a metabolically supportive diet: saturated fats, healthy sugars, coffee, salt, digestible proteins, fruits, cooked roots and vegetables, juice, dairy, liver, oysters, bone broth, gelatin, mineral broth, butter, chocolate and even ice cream.
2. Remove crap that is anti-metabolic: PUFA (ALL polyunsaturated fats), soy, legumes, goitrogenic vegetables, crappy grains, NOT sleeping enough, toxic people, toxic jobs, toxic thinking.
3. Allow for proper recovery: Sleep, rest, meditation, stretching, yoga, light therapy, massage, acupuncture, Z-drills
4. Breathing. Deep breathing, bag breathing, yoga
5. Movement: Do what your body is healthy enough to do. If you need to recover and are over stressed then yoga, short walks, Thai chi, and enjoyable low stress activities are best. If your body is becoming healthy and is well fueled, then weight training is the most optimal exercise, as it can increase muscle mass
6. Brain Training: Z health (proprioception, vision and vestibular drills)
7. Light therapy: Sun light, Infrared, red light, tanning bed
8. Taking charge of your life. Making choices that support your health and happiness.
9. Changing your narrative. Focus on health vs weight loss. Focus on reducing symptoms vs. your body fat %.
10. Supplements: I have purposely listed this last, as I believe adding supplements are LAST thing to look when trying to fix the metabolic rate. Thyroid hormone, progesterone, pregnenolone, B vitamins, cyproheptadine, Vitamin E, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Methylene blue, caffeine, aspirin, and/or antibiotics.
At the end of the day, healing is about supporting YOUR system with what it needs: energy, love, rest, stimulation, light, healthy self talk, breathe, and the right supplements. Now, what you need may be different than what your spouse, neighbor or friend may need. This means you may need to take the time to learn about yourself, your needs and how your body responds to certain stimuli, foods and therapies.
This is YOUR journey, it's ALL about YOU learning about YOU. ... See MoreSee Less