With the enormous amount of money being spent on food marketing and advertising it’s almost impossible to know and understand what foods are actually healthy for you and what foods are just “good marketing”.
Allow Kate to take the guesswork out of your food shopping. In this 60-90 minute shopping experience, you will learn: The foods that are supportive to your metabolism foods to avoid due to their additives and fillers;
- What cooking fats are best
- What fruits and carbohydrates are best
- What meats and fishes are best
- What vegetable are best and which ones you should avoid
- What dairy to choice, why some are better than others
- What cheeses should be avoided and why
- What oils should be avoided
- Which snacks are best and why some should be completely avoided
- How often should you shop?
- Why pre-packaged foods are not best, even at the organic based grocery
- Why organic is best
Shopping excursions are held in the Del Mar, La Jolla, Solana Beach or Rancho Santa Fe area.
*All Shopping Classes are $97.00/hour. Bring a friend for ½ price.
*All classes are limited to no more than 3 people
Need help in making the perfect healthy, metabolic meal or snack?
Then this 1-3 hour cooking class is just what you may be looking for.
Example menus are:
Sweet potato pancakes (no flour)
Banana coconut pancakes (no flour)
Cooked seasonal fruit with Greek yogurt
Grilled grass-fed burgers
Cucumber-tomato- daikon salad
Egg, cheese and veggie fritata
Root vegetable salad
Grilled Alaskan Halibut in a butter sauce
Sweet potato-butternut squash mash
Cooked seasonal fruit
Home made grass-fed beef or lamb marinara sauce over Spaghetti squash
Coconut flour chocolate chip cookies
Pumpkin- chocolate chip cookies
Cooked seasonal fruits with cheese or yogurt
Homemade beef broth
OJ, coconut water, protein and carbonated water mixer
Please call about cooking class prices. Price will depend on shopping time, prep time, the number of people in the class and actual cooking class time.